Internal Comps - 2023
ROMSEY BOWLING CLUB COMPETITION RULES - Issue June 2023
- Matches MUST be played by the play by date.
- If you are unable to play by the play by date, for ANY reason, you must notify the competition coordinator, Diane Smith, IMMEDIATELY.
Byes will only be awarded in exceptional circumstances.
- Do not amend the competition sheets for unplayed matches, they will be updated by the competition coordinator.
- Don’t leave arranging matches to the last minute in case they have to be rescheduled due to wet weather. Weather conditions or holidays will not be accepted as a valid reason for why a game cannot be played.
- The first named person will be the challenger and must contact the second person, the opponent, AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE THE PLAY BY DATE. Three dates should be offered for the match to be completed by the play by date.
- (Note :- this is the offer timescale not to be confused with the playing timescale as matches can be played at any time before the play by date.)
- IF the opponent has not heard from the Challenger by the 7 day offer deadline he/she should make contact IMMEDIATELY and will become the Challenger with all the benefits ….. ie choice of dates, choice of rink, choice of marker.
- Three dates should be offered, one of which must be accepted.
- If within the timescale, it is not possible to offer three dates, contact the competition co-ordinator immediately to discuss.
- Inform the competition co-ordinator if contact cannot be made.
- In single matches, the challenger is responsible for finding a marker.
- In handicap matches, handicaps to be entered on the score board at the start of the game. All scores to be recorded on results sheet.
- Please notify the competition coordinator if any player drawn in a Pairs Competition drops out before the first match is played so that a substitute can be allocated if possible.
RINKS CANNOT BE RESERVED FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS ON TUESDAY OR FRIDAY ROLL UP AFTERNOONS